As we invite guests into our newly remodeled historic hotel in these strange and historic times, we want to assure our guests that your safety and well-being is of paramount importance to us. To insure the highest possible germ-free environment, we have installed throughout the hotel heating/cooling system a state-of-the-art scientific “Air Scrubber” designed with light waves and ions to effectively treat and purify the entire space – and attacking contaminants on all surfaces.
In addition, our current services have been designed in response to the virus and guidelines from federal, state, and local authorities.
- Streamlined processed in each department to minimize contact between guests and staff, while still offering personal customer service.
- Six-foot social distancing standard.
- Staff available to assist with questions or concerns related to safety and cleanliness.
- Frequent public and staff area cleaning and sanitizing.
- Sanitizing all shared equipment before/after use including phones, computers, keyboards, tools, keys, etc.
- Strict guidelines and protocol regarding hand washing, sanitizing, use of face covering, gloves, and other PPE as appropriate, as well as training on proper disposal of same.
- Specific staff training on 20-second hand washing (of use of sanitizer if sink not available) after any of the following: use of restroom, sneezing, touching face, blowing nose, cleaning, smoking, eating, drinking, to and from break, at start and end of shift.
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting workstations.
- Empowerment and encouragement of staff to stay home if unwell.
- Staff education about safety and cleanliness best practices both at work and at home.
- Reception door handles sanitized regularly.
- Hand sanitizer provided to guests to use throughout check-in/check-out processes.
- Masks required by staff and guests alike during registration process and in all public areas throughout the stay.
- Social distancing of six feet maintained between guests of different groups.
- Sanitizing of registration desk and tools between each guest encounter.
- Credit cards sanitized, or guest may read card number aloud to front desk staff.
GUEST ROOMS & HOUSEKEEPING
- Enhanced pre-arrival full room sanitation of hard surfaces and fabrics, including chemical cleaning of all touch points: faucets, handles, switches, thermostats, hangers, furniture, headboards, bedding.
- Housekeepers and other staff entering rooms will wear face coverings.
- Discontinuing stay-over services. Guests requesting additional room amenities will find them placed just inside the room door.
- For a change of towels, call the front desk, then place soiled items in a provided plastic bag to be set outside the room for retrieval by our housekeeping staff.
- Loose collateral has been removed from all rooms for ease of cleaning.
- Increased frequency and sanitization of housekeeping areas, laundry, carts, caddies, etc.
- In the Laundry area, housekeepers will wear face coverings, protective eyewear, and follow strict hand washing/sanitizing after handling soiled linens.
- Physical distancing and face coverings will be required in all common areas.
- Entrances and exits will be frequently and regularly cleaned and sanitized.
- Public area seating and furniture will be frequently and regularly cleaned, and guests will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer.
COVID-19 SYMPTOMS (from CDPH)
- Shortness of breath
- Shaking with Chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore Throat
- Loss of taste and/or smell
Warning of severe respiratory illness – seek emergency medical care immediately – call 911!
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in chest
- New confusion
- Inability to stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
LOCAL FREE COVID TESTING SITE
- Tahoe Forest Health System
- 10990 Donner Pass Road, Truckee
EMERGENCY MEDICAL CARE
- Tahoe Forest Hospital
- 1021 Pine Avenue, Truckee
- COVID-19 HOTLINE: 530-582-3450
GUESTS OR STAFF EXHIBITING POTENTIAL SYMPTOMS
- Alert Manager.
- If symptoms include emergency warning signs or person desires emergency assistance, call 911 or help them do so.
- Recommend that guest/staff immediately refrains from going into public areas, self-quarantines, and gets Covid testing.
- Recommend person contacts their health care provider to determine next steps.
- Follow up with guest in 24-48 hours for updates, requesting they notify us if they receive a positive Covid test.
- Follow up with staff daily, requesting that they get their test results back, have ended their self-quarantine period, and have a doctor’s release before returning to work.
- Take room offline for enhanced cleaning and sanitizing protocols.